The Latest iPhones – Battery Life Compared
When deciding what iPhone to buy next, battery life is most likely a deciding factor. No matter if you’re someone who is going to be camping and want other things to think about or someone who uses the phone a lot but don’t always have access to a charger.
In the past years, smartphone companies have made bigger and bigger phones, which means more space for a battery, but that doesn’t automatically mean more battery life.
Related Product: My favorite iPhone accessory right now is the PopSockets MagSafe Wallet that goes on the back of my iPhone (click to view on Amazon)
Bigger screens with higher resolution consume more energy, and phones have gotten a bit thicker, which could be to keep up with the battery life in older models.
As you’ll see in the table below, the battery life has increased in some models, but when you compare them to how much the battery capacity has increased, it proves that the phones are using more energy to do the same thing they used to do on a smaller screen.
I want to focus on Apple’s iPhones today. With the new releases of iPhone 13, 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro, and 14 Pro Max, Apple has a big lineup of different phones with different battery sizes.
Let’s look at how they compare in the table below.
Summary (links to Amazon)
- Best Battery Life: iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Biggest Battery: iPhone 14 Plus
- Only model with Touch ID: iPhone SE (3rd gen)
Only one with Touch ID
Best Battery Life
Last update on 2023-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Some interesting takeaways about the latest iPhone-models
- Apple changed the way they advertise battery life a couple of generations ago. Now they advertise how many hours of video and audio playback its iPhones can last.
- iPhone 14 Pro Max has the largest battery and best battery life, although it’s slightly smaller than the last generation.. The iPhone 14 and 14 Mini is not far behind though, compared to the iPhone 13.
- iPhone 14 has significantly better battery life than the iPhone 13 even though the battery size is not that different.
- The iPhone SE has terrible battery life compared to all the above, but for some it’s the perfect phone.
So which iPhone has the best battery life? The iPhone 14 Pro Max.
If you are looking to buy the iPhone with the best battery life in 2022, the iPhone 14 Pro Max should be your choice.
If you feel like its screen size (6.7 inches) is too big for your hands, the iPhone 14 Pro (6.1 inches) is a great choice.
I recommend this video by Mrwhosethebest for further info regarding battery life.
Something else to consider if you’re thinking about buying an older model like the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus is that since iPhone 8, all iPhones released support something called fast charge.
This makes it possible to charge your phone from 0 to 50% battery in 30 minutes when using the right power adapter. You can read more about that here on Apple’s website.
Disclaimer: All information about battery sizes and battery life given in this article is taken from Apple’s website and has not been tested by thecampingnerd.com. Take into account that most companies advertise a slightly higher battery life than what users usually see in the real world. I wrote this article to give you a broad overview of what Apple offers in terms of battery life.